As a QuickBooks user, you might encounter several errors. One of the most common among them is QuickBooks Error 6123,0. This error usually occurs when users try to update the company files to the upgraded version of QuickBooks Desktop, while opening a company file which is stored on network server or while restoring a backup of QuickBooks company files. This error may also occur due to several other issues like broken file, unconfigured firewall permissions, etc. With this article, we tell you how to fix Error 6123, 0 in QuickBooks.
Fret no more about this error. Here we give you simplified ways to solve QuickBooks Error 6123,0.
In case you need any further help, we are just a call away. Dial our toll free QuickBooks customer support number +1866-644-7717 to seek assistance from our QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Our skilled team will quickly scan your QuickBooks to find out the core reason behind the issue/error and resolve it at the earliest while you are comfortable at your place.
Ways to manually resolve the problem
What is QuickBooks Error 6123, 0?
Before we go on to tell you how to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6123, it is important to understand what this error means and how is it caused. As we mentioned above, Error 6123 is an error that arises when the user attempts to restore the QuickBooks company files from external storage disk or opens a file that’s stored on a multi-network server. At such instance, your screen is likely to appear with the message, “QuickBooks Error-6123,0”.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 ?
Here we enlist the steps you must follow to manually solve the error 6123, 0.
Solution 1 to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123, 0
Download QuickBooks File Doctor
It is one of the best tools to solve most QuickBooks errors. This took fixes the broken and damaged company files. We recommend this solution if you are updating the file to an updated version of QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Run the downloaded file.
- Click on ‘Select File Damage Only’ and then on ‘Diagnose File’.
- Now, the window will ask you to enter admin password. Enter the admin password and click on ‘OK’.
- As per your requirement, click on ‘Open File in Newer Version’ or ‘Repair File in the existing version’.
- Complete the subsequent steps that appear.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 2 To Solve QuickBooks Error 6123, 0
Rename .TLG and .ND File
You might not be aware about these extensions but these file are imperative parts of your QuickBooks file. These contain several settings that are needed to open the company files on a multi network server. These files at times get corrupted, however, you can resolve the issue by renaming them. Doing so is likely to fix the Error 6123. Here’s how to do so.
- Open the folder that contains the company file.
- Select the corresponding .ND file of the company.
- Right click on the company file and rename the .ND file to .ND.OLD.
- In the same way, rename the .TLG file to .TLG.OLD.
- Now, you can try and open your QuickBooks company file.
Solution 3 To Solve QuickBooks Error 6123,0
Use Auto Data Recovery
Another alternate solution is to restore the .ADR copy of the company file. In case, the file is damaged, doing so might resolve the QuickBooks 6123,0 error.
Solution 4 To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123,0
Disable Antivirus Interference
There are also chances that the antivirus program might be interfering with the file and hence you are getting the error 6123,0 You can try to resolve it disabling the antivirus program. And then try to open the company file.
Solution 5 To Fix Error 6123,0
Change the location of the company file
A long and complex company file can confuse the software and eventually lead to Error 6123, 0. You can resolve it by changing the storage location of the file. Move it to the Desktop and check if the error is resolved. Follow the below-mentioned steps to change the file location.
- Open the folder where the company file is stored.
- Look for the .QBW file with the same name as your company file. Right click on it and select copy.
- Paste this on your Desktop.
- Now, press the CTRL key while opening the QuickBooks, so as to automatically get redirected to the No Company Open Window.
- Click on Open or restore an existing company option and search for the file that you copied on the Desktop.
- Select that file, and now check if the error persists with the company file. If the error gets resolved, ensure to save your files at simpler locations.
Reinstall QuickBooks software
- Uninstall the currently installed QuickBooks from the Control Panel.
- Make sure you keep your product and license details available. You will need them while reinstalling.
- Download QuickBooks using a CD or via internet link. Follow the installation procedures.
- Enter the product and license details.
- Open the company file again.
Create New Window User
There is also a possibility that you are getting Error 6123,0 because of the corrupted Windows User Login. To solve the same, create a new window user by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on the ‘Create New User’ option in ‘User Icon’
- Click on the Administrator for user type.
- Log out from the existing window user.
- Restart the computer system. Login with the new user.
- Now, move the company file to the desktop.
- Open QuickBooks and now access the company file.
Have any doubts or are unable to understand the steps precisely? We are just a call away. Get in touch with us on our QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1866-644-7717. Our proficient will resolve the issue while you are at the comfort of home.