QuickBooks is one of the most popular and user-friendly accounting software that allows you to run your business smoothly and efficiently. However, the QuickBooks software can also fall into some errors that can affect your current work flow. Especially, if you are in a retail industry then the point of sale application needs to work smoothly.
QuickBooks Error 3180 is such error that can occur during the Account Receivable or Account Payable was used to create a Paid Out in QuickBooks POS application. This error generally occurs while saving a General Journal Transaction but there was some error.
Depending on the situations, you will get the following error message:
- For A/P – The message will be A/P detail should have a vendor.
- For A/R – The message will be A/R detail should have a vendor.
Causes Of QuickBooks POS Error 3180
Main causes of QuickBooks Error 3180 are as given below:
- Damaged or corrupt windows registry
- Malware or virus attack has infected your Windows framework
- Some important QuickBooks files were removed mistakenly
- The interfacing accounts are set up for a tax type
- Company Information section was created to use some kind of Tax Form
- The vendor is not linked to Tax Agency
How To Resolve The Error Code 3180 In QuickBooks POS
- Open the Point of Sale application
- Click on Sales History
- Click on the latest receipt with Payout tag on the Receipt Typelisting
- Click on I Want and then click on Reverse
- Leave A/P and A/R accounts and create another Paid Out account
- From the main menu, go to Edit > Preferences > Company
- Select Financial and then click on Accounts
- Validate the Basic and Advanced settings
- Make sure that account mapping is right
- Click on Save and then run the financial exchange
- From the main menu, click on Lists > Item List
- Look for all Point of Sale items and verify them for ensuring that they are using the correct account.
- Run the financial exchange
- From the main menu, click on Lists > Customer and Vendor Profile Lists
- Select the Payment Method List
- Right click on Cash Method and select Edit Payment Method from the drop down list
- In the field, type X to the payment method and click on OK
- Right click on Cash Method and select New from the drop down list
- Create a new cash method and again run the financial exchange to see if the error is resolved or not.
- Rename and re-create all the payment methods as per your requirement
Technical Support For QuickBooks Point Of Sale
By following the above mentioned steps, you will be able to resolve the error code 3180 in QuickBooks POS. If you still face the same error then you will need to reinstall the QuickBooks POS and if you still face the error then you have to contact the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to get instant support for your issues.