QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 is a very common error that can pop-up on your computer screen for various causes and reasons. The reasons can be human negligence or a problem with the source code. But in both cases, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Tech Support Services by calling the QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717. The QuickBooks ProAdvisors will troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error PS058 on your QuickBooks via a temporary connection. Do not take the QuickBooks Error PS058 lightly as it can affect your Payroll and other services.
The QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 shows up on your QuickBooks when you are trying to download and install a Payroll update. It will also appear if the download process fails or aborts abruptly. The installation of QuickBooks Payroll updates in divided into three major stages which are:
- Copying the files to the hard drive
- Decrypting the files
- Installing the files
If any of the stages is not working as it should, you will run into errors and issues.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error PS058?
The QuickBooks Experts of customerphonenumber recommend the below given steps for fixing the QB error PS058:
- First of all, restart your desktop and then re-open your QuickBooks desktop software.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service account information and update it with the correct information.
- Check if your QuickBooks desktop is registered.
- Press the F2 key on your keyboard to bring the Product Information on your screen. This window contains all your product info. Look at the very top and in front of the License number to see if your QuickBooks is registered or not. If your QuickBooks software is not registered contact us.
- Ensure that you are not using multiple versions of the same version of QB desktop. If you are using to installations of the same version, uninstall one of them. Remember to take a backup of your data.
- You must download qbwebpatch.exe file from the official Intuit website if you are using Disk delivery. In case, you are not connected with the Internet on this computer, you can download the file on another computer and then install it on this computer.
- Turn off UAC temporarily. You can turn it on when you are done with troubleshooting.
- In this step, we will resort the lists and verify the QB desktop data. You can use the Verify Data/Rebuild Data processes to repair any data damage in your QuickBooks.
Run The QBWin.Log
- Open your QuickBooks desktop and press the F2 key on your keyboard.
- The Product Information window will open, now press F3.
- Go to the Tech Help tab and select the Open file tab.
- Double click on the qbwin.log.
- Go to very bottom of the page and start looking for “error” or “disk update” while scrolling up.
- Change the name of CPS folder.
- Head to C:\Progzram Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS.Note: nn stands for the version number of QuickBooks Desktop, such as QuickBooks Desktop 2014 or 2015.
- Rename the CPS folder CPSOLD.
- Run the reboot.dat file on your computer.
- Do a clean install of QuickBooks on your system in the Selective Startup mode.
Additional Steps If Your Do Not Have QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted
- Search for the paysub.ini file extension and change the name of the file.
- Look for invalid characters like extra spaces and special characters in the name.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS.Note: nn stands for the version number of QuickBooks Desktop, such as QuickBooks Desktop 2014 or 2015.
- Rename the CPS folder CPSOLD.
Get Technical Support Services For QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise
In the situation, the QuickBooks Error PS058 is still popping up on your screen even after implementing all the steps, you must get in touch with the QB Tech Support Services. Get instant resolutions for all QuickBooks Errors and issues by calling on the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717. Just like our Chat Support services, our support line number is active 24/7 throughout the year.