Easy ways to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks Error H505 occurs when a user is trying to access a company file that’s not located in the network or on the computer that you are accessing it on. Error H505 in QuickBooks may also show up when you try to open a company file with improper configuration. It is a common error in a multi-user, which makes the communication between connected devices a bit difficult when it comes to share a single file.
But you can resolve QuickBooks Error H505 easily on your own by following the below mentioned instructions. Here, we provide several solutions that are most likely to resolve the error.
Solution 1 : Check If There are Multiple Hosts
As we mentioned above, it is an error that occurs majorly in multi-user network. In such a scenario, you must make sure that only one computer is acting as the host and has the hosting option enabled. To ensure the same, carry out the following steps on each computer except the one that’s the host (server).
- Open QuickBooks. Click on File and then on Utilities.
- Look for the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option in the list that will appear. If you can see this in the list, it means that the system is not acting as the host. DO NOT click or change this setting.
- However, if you see ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ in the list, you need to click on it.
- Repeat the steps for each computer apart from the one that is actually supposed to be the host.
Solution 2 : Check Firewall Settings
There are certain changes that you might need to make in the Firewall settings. Follow the enlisted steps to resolve QuickBooks error H505.
- Click on Start and open Control Panel
- Open Firewall Settings
- Click on ‘Allow a Program through Firewall’
- Click on Add Program and then on ‘Add QuickBooks’ to the exemption list.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 3 : Configure Firewall
To ensure your QuickBooks files are not being obstructed by Firewall, configure the Firewall settings using below-mentioned steps.
- Open Control Panel and click on Windows Firewall.
- Click on Advanced settings and then on Inbound Rules in the left side of the screen.
- RIght click on Inbound Rules and then select New Rule. Select Port, under the Rule type section. Select the TCP from the first set of radio buttons and change the second radio button to ‘Specific local ports’. Add the following ports according to the version of your QuickBooks Desktop so as to get rid of QuickBooks Error H505.
QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- Click on Next after entering the suitable port.
- Click on ‘Allow the connection’ radio button in subsequent window and click on Next.
- Now, you have to select the network type. If you usually switch network connections, then keep all the options checked and click on Next.
- Give the rule a name and click on FInish.
- Repeat the same steps for Outbound Rules. To do so, select Outbound Rules in the second step.
Solution 4 : Edit The Host File on Windows
Login as an Administrator on the QuickBooks Desktop and carefully follow the instructions to edit the windows hosts file.
- On the server or the host computer, press Windows Key + R combination. Run dialogue box will open.
- Type cmd and press Enter. The Command Prompt Window will show up.
- Now, you need to type “ipconfig /all” (don’t type the double quotes and also don’t miss out on noticing that there is a space after ipconfig). Press the Enter key. The command will run.
- Note the Host Name (the name of the computer) and the IP Address. Repeat these steps for each computer connected to the multi-user network. Save the information in a text file.
Follow the further steps to merely edit the Windows Hosts file.
- Firstly, close QuicKBooks.
- Go to Start Menu and then click on This PC. Now, open the C:/ Drive and then the Windows folder. Double click on the System32 or Syswow64 and now open the Drivers.
- Now double click on the Etc.
- You will now have to right-click on the Hosts file, and take the mouse cursor to ‘Open with’ and open the file with Notepad.
- Type the IP address and the computer name. Remember, Server – will have workstation IP and computer name; whereas workstation will have Server IP and computer name. Also, while entering these details, use the Tab key instead of space bar to ensure you separate IP address and the computer name,
- Now, click on Apply Changes.
- Reopen QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Solution 5 : To Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Here’s one more solution that you must take cue of :
- Select QuickBooks in the Start Menu and then click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager. You can also search for QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the search section and open it.
- Once opened, click on Scan Folder tab.
- Now, click on the Add Folder, peruse to the company file folder.
- Select the company file, and click on OK.
- The location to the company file in the folder with QuickBooks Management Database Server.
- Click on Scan.
- Click on Close after the scan finishes.
If you are not able to resolve the QuickBooks Error H505 despite following the above-mentioned steps or are facing any kind of difficulty to follow the steps, get in touch with us for quick technical support. Call us on our QuickBooks support number +1800-210-5289 to get the issue solved by our skilled team.