QuickBooks Error Code -6189, 816
QuickBooks is one of the most used and recommended accounting software that around the globe. Its main motive is to provide accounting solutions to the small and medium sized business so than they can manage their financial records easily. But sometimes the software can run into errors that can be frustrating for you. QuickBooks Error 6189, 816 is one such error that occurs when there are some malfunctions in your company files.
QuickBooks Error 6189, 816 comes under the category of company file errors. This error occurs when you try to open or create a QuickBooks company file. There are various issues that are associated with this error and they are as follow:
- QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006
- QuickBooks Error 6069
- QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -301
- QuickBooks Error -6135, -1005
- QuickBooks Error -6189, -85
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6189
- Transaction log file (.tlg)
- QuickBooks company files are corrupted.
- Windows user account does not have appropriate permissions.
- Trying to open a company file in an older version of QuickBooks.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189, 816
This error is commonly faced due to the outdated version of QuickBooks. Updating your QuickBooks to the latest release may resolve your issue easily. If the error is still not resolved then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
Note: It is highly recommended to create a backup of your company file so that you don’t lose your data if something goes wrong.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Intuit has developed various tools that are mainly intended to resolve your QuickBooks issues. QuickBooks File Doctor is one of them that help you in resolving the issues related to the QuickBooks company files.
- Open the internet browser and go to the official website of Intuit.
- Download the installation file of QB File Doctor tool.
- Perform a clean installation of the tool
- Once the installation is finished, run it.
- The tool will automatically detect the issues and diagnose them accordingly.
- Once the process finishes, click on
Method 2: Resolve Manually -6189, XX (series error codes)
- Search for the file with TLG extension and rename it.
- Review the permissions permitted to QBDataServicUserXX for your version of QuickBooks.
- Make sure that the QB files aren’t encrypted
- Copy and paste the affected file to desktop in which you are facing error.
- Open the same file and if you still get the error and navigate to the folder where the file was stored earlier.
- If you can open the company file from another system then you are supposed to fix the data damage.
- If the file couldn’t be accessed on any system then you need to open a sample company file and restore a backup of your company file.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company File Issues
You are supposed to follow the provided guidelines properly and then you’ll be able to resolve this error easily. However, if you are in a state of doubt or you need some expert assistance then reach out to us by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 toll-free.