QuickBooks is one of the leading Accounting and Financial management software and it has reigned over this industry since its inception. It is a user-friendly software and comes with a lot of accounting related features and tools. But sometimes because of certain reasons, you will encounter errors like the QuickBooks Error Code 1722. It is categorized as a common error which can be encountered by most QB Users. If your QuickBooks has started to freeze frequently or if it is running slowly, it indicates that you are encountering the error 1722. In this article, we will be discussing the causes, symptoms, and steps for fixing the QB Error Code 1722.
Symptoms of Error 1722
- Active window or tab is crashing often without any error message.
- Due to error 1722, the PC is crashing frequently.
- Windows Operating system is running sluggishly and is not responding to commands or inputs.
- You will notice that your computer has started to hand or freeze very often and you get the error message 1722 on your screen.
- QuickBooks Error 1722 can also pop-up on your monitor screen while you are trying to install the software on your computer.
We would suggest that you take note of when and where you are getting this error as it can help the QuickBooks Experts in resolving the error.
Causes Of Error 1722
- You have an incomplete or damaged installation of the QB software on your desktop.
- Recent changes made to the default settings of QuickBooks.
- A virus or malware has sneaked in into your computer and has corrupted the windows system files or the QB related files.
- QuickBooks related files and folders have been deleted by some program.
This error can be seen popping-up while installing the software so it is also known as Run time error.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1722?
Below is a list of steps to fix the error:
- Firstly, we need to repair the Registry entries related to error 1722.
- Run an Anti-virus or anti-malware on your desktop.
- Use Disk Cleanup utility to get rid of all the Temporary files and folders from your system junk.
- Download and install the drivers for your computer.
- You can also choose to use the System Restore tool to “Undo” the changes.
- You uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks on your desktop to resolve the error 1722.
- Open and run Windows System file checker.
- Download the updates if they are available for your windows.
- Choose to perform a Clean installation
You should be able to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 1722 if you have followed all the steps that we have provided in this article. However, if you are encountering any problem or issue and need help from QB Experts, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-551-2489.