QuickBooks is an advanced Accounting and Financial management software. You can also decide to integrate the Payroll service with your QuickBooks software. QuickBooks Payroll can manage all the basic and advanced payroll associated functions. You can file local state taxes, as well as easily printing out customizable reports, pay your employees on time via the direct deposit feature and much more. Intuit also releases regular updates for QuickBooks Payroll to add a new feature and improve the current ones. Sometimes while downloading the Payroll Update, QB Users run into the QuickBooks Error Code 15106. We recommend that you get help from the QuickBooks Experts to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 15106. We have covered all the solutions in this article to fix the QB Error 15106. So you can also fix the error 15106 manually.
Error message associated with the QuickBooks Error 15106 is:
“The update program cannot be opened.”
“The update program is damaged.”
What Are The Causes Of The QuickBooks Error 15106?
There are a few causes of the error 15106 and they are given below:
- You have installed a security software/application like anti-virus, anti-adware, anti-adware on your computer.
- You are not logged in as the computer administrator. You cannot limit your ability to read or write new files.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
Sometimes Users try to manually fix the QuickBooks errors which they are encountering. But we do not recommend it as even a small mistake can cause major damage to your QuickBooks or company data file. If you still want to try to manually fix the error 15106, follow these steps:
- First of all, log in as the system administrator on your computer.
- Make sure that your anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-adware is active.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on your keyboard.
- Now, go to the Processes tab and look for your anti-virus.
- If your anti-virus is not available in the list, do a clean reinstall/uninstall in selective startup.
- Otherwise, click on your anti-virus and choose End Process.
- If any error pops-up on your screen, you must uninstall your anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-adware by using Add/Remove programs in windows.
- Now, go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- Search for the downloadqbxx folder.
- Right-click on it and choose rename. Rename the folder to downloadqbxx.old.
- Now, try to reset the QuickBooks desktop update.
- If you are using the 64 bit version go to go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks(year)\Components.
- If you are using Microsoft Windows 8, you must turn off User Account Control.
- Now, attempt to download the updates. If you are not able to download the updates, choose to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall in selective startup.
If the steps given in this article do not fix the QuickBooks Error Code 15106 on your desktop then get in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors for fixing this error for you. Just dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1-866-644-7717 and explain the QuickBooks Experts of customerphonenumber. We provide complete support services for all QuickBooks versions like QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Point of Sale, QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks Online.