Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6177
QuickBooks is one of the most powerful software for Accounting and Financial Management software but a few times you might run into encounter errors and bugs on your monitor screen because of various reasons. In such a situation, we highly recommend that you get in touch with a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for getting support services for your QuickBooks. All you have to do is call on the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1866-644-57717 and validate your account details.
In this article, we will be talking in depth about the QuickBooks Error Code 6177 which is categorized as a QuickBooks Company File error.
The error message on your screen will be:
“QuickBooks Error -6177, 0: QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file.”
You will face this error when you try to open the QuickBooks Company Data file on a system where it is not stored. We have given below the main causes for triggering this error to pop-up on your screen:
- Company Data file is stored on another computer.
- Malware or virus attack on the computer.
- Antivirus or Windows firewall is blocking the connection for your QuickBooks and creating the problem.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6177, 0?
Steps to fix QB error code 6177 in QuickBooks are as given below:
Solution 1: QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Log in as the System Administrator.
- Look for the Company data file on your computer storage.
- Right-click on the file and choose Properties.
- Now, navigate to the Security window.
- Choose the number of Users.
- Allow them to access the file.
- Now, click on the Advanced tab.
- Go to the Owners tab.
- You can also change the admin user name.
- Click on Ok.
- Download the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Install it on your system and open it.
- Search for the Company file and select the Test Connectivity tab.
- Wait for the process to get completed and check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 2: Move Your Company File To A Local Hard Drive
- Go to your C drive and look for the Company Data file.
- Now, choose to make a portable file within the C drive.
- Exit the current company file.
- Now, move the portable file on the server.
- Try to open the Company Data file from the server and verify if the error has been fixed or not.
Support For QuickBooks Error 6177
You should follow the two solutions given above for fixing the error code 6177 in no time. You can trust the steps as they have been tested and verified by the Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Customer Support Number 247.
In case, you were not successful in fixing the error 6177 from the above steps, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and let the QuickBooks Experts take care of the error for you.
The other way to get connected with them is by using the Live Chat button on the bottom-right corner of your screen. You can also choose to get a call back on your phone number by leaving it in the Chat.