QuickBooks Error 6175 is a company file error that occurs when you try to open the QuickBooks company file but the database server is not responding. The error code 6175 generally occurs when the QuickBooks software could not get connected with the system where the company file is stored.
In this article, we will be discussing about the resolutions steps of QuickBooks Error 6175. If you need instant support for your company file issues then contact us at our QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number.
What Causes The Error Code 6175, 0 In QuickBooks?
- QuickBooks couldn’t open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- The server where the company file is hosted is already involved in some other task that’s why it could not be reached.
- Your current system and the server system couldn’t get connected with each other because the firewall has blocked the connection.
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6175
First, you need to turn on hosting at the host system where the company files are located and then switch to multi-user mode.
Steps to resolve the error code 6175 in QuickBooks are as given below:
Solution 1: Setup The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Properly On Your Server Computer
- Perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks software on the server computer.
- Click on the Start menu and go to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click on Start Scan
- Once the process finishes, try open the company file in your workstation.
In case if the QuickBooks database server is not installed in your server computer then you need to move on the next solution.
Solution 2: Set The Hosting On Server Computer
- Open QuickBooks in the sever system
- Go to File > Utilities > Host Multi-User Access
Note: If you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then you can directly move on to the third solution else perform this step properly.
- Click on Yes on the Host multi-user access/Start hosting multi-user access
- On the Multi-user setup information notification, click on OK
- Click on the File menu and then click on switch to Multi-user mode.
Solution 3: Change QuickBooksDBXX Service To Local System Account
- Click on Start, type MSC and hit enter
- Right-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and from the drop-down list, click on Properties
- Navigate to the Log On tab and mark the Local System Account
- Click on Apply
- Click on OK to save changes
- Switch to the multi-user mode.
The above mentioned process will help you in erasing the error code 6175 in QuickBooks easily. If the error is still around then you need to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software properly.
If you still can’t resolve the error code 6175 in QuickBooks then you can get in touch with us our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-551-5491 to get instant support for your issues.