Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6000
You were simply trying to open a company file but this QuickBooks Error -6000 appeared. There also appear some digits after the 6000 (for example -6000, -82) but there are some commonalities in all of them, that can be resolved with similar kind of solutions.
If you are clueless about why this error appeared and how to resolve it continue with the work, you are on the right blog. Here we explain you the reasons behind this QuickBooks error 6000 along with the solutions to fix it.
Why QuickBooks Error 6000 Appeared?
- Corrupted company files
- Inactive server connection
- Incomplete QuickBooks installation
- Damage of a .qbw file.
- The location folder is damaged.
- An antivirus or security software is blocking the access to company file
- Correct permissions are not granted to the server to access company files
- The user doesn’t have the access permission
Best Ways To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000
Being your ultimate tech supporters, here we tell you the easy and best ways that will fix this error within minutes.
Solution 1 : Move The Company File To Desktop
If your company file is saved at a complex location in your computer, QuickBooks is likely to get confused and result in this error. Hence, try shifting the file to an easier location like Desktop. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the folder where the company file is stored.
- Look for the files which have the same file name as that of your company file. Copy the one with .QBW extension and paste it on the Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks while pressing the CTRL key. You will automatically be directed to the No Company Open Window.
- Click on Open or Restore An Existing Company option and locate the file you have copied on the Desktop.
- Select that file and check, if the error still persists.
- If the error doesn’t show, try saving your company files to simpler locations.
Solution 2 : Rename .ND and .TLG Files
You might not be known to these extensions but they are key parts of QuickBooks files. Damaged .ND files and .TLG files might be one of the reasons that you are seeing the QuickBooks Error 6000. However, this issue can be resolved with simple renaming of the files.
- Open the folder that contains the company file.
- Select the corresponding .ND file of the company.
- Right click on the company file and rename the .ND file to .ND.OLD.
- In the same way, rename the .TLG file to .TLG.OLD.
- Now, you can try and open your QuickBooks company file.
Solution 3 : Check Folder Permissions
As mentioned above, not granting of access permissions to the server or the user for the access files can lead to the QuickBooks Error 6000. But it is easy to solve, so here we go.
- Right click on the folder that contains the company file, and click on Properties.
- Select the Security tab and click on Advanced.
- Now, select QBDataServiceUserXX, and click on Edit.
- Ensure that the below-mentioned settings are Allowed:
- Read Extended Attributes
- Create Files/Write Data
- Create Folders/Append Data
- Write Attributes
- Write Extended Attributes
- Read Permission
- Traverse Folder/Execute File
- List Folder/Read Data
- Read Attributes
If the above-mentioned settings are not set to ‘Allowed’, then carry out the following steps.
- Press Window Key + E key combination so as to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the location folder of the company file, and select properties.
- Click on the Security tab and tap on Everyone. In case you are not able to see this option, click on Add and manually type “Everyone”. Click OK.
- Now, click on the Full Control and then on OK.
- Repeat the steps for each folder in the list mentioned below. (Ignore the ones that do not exist in your computer but are present in the list).
C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0
C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v5
C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v3
C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client
C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = version) or C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX.
C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT
C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT\QUICKBOOKS
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\FAMXX (XX = year)
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = version) or C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 20XX (XX = year)
Solution 4 : Firewall Configuration
To ensure that your Firewall configurations are not obstructing your QuickBooks company file and eventually leading to QuickBooks Error 6000, follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- Open Control Panel and click on Windows Firewall.
- Click on Advanced settings and then on Inbound Rules in the left side of the screen.
- RIght click on Inbound Rules and then select New Rule. Select Port, under the Rule type section. Select the TCP from the first set of radio buttons and change the second radio button to ‘Specific local ports’. Add the following ports according to the version of your QuickBooks Desktop so as to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6000.
QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- Click on Next after entering the suitable port.
- Click on ‘Allow the connection’ radio button in subsequent window and click on Next.
- Now, you have to select the network type. If you usually switch network connections, then keep all the options checked and click on Next.
- Give the rule a name and click on FInish.
- Repeat the same steps for Outbound Rules. To do so, select Outbound Rules in the second step.
Solution 5 : Close All QuickBooks Processes
- Completely close the QuickBooks. To close the process it might have left behind, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc key combination.
- The Task Manager will show up.
- Expand the task manager by clicking on More Details. Now, search for QBW32. Entries on the list in the Processes tab. Right-click on each of A them (if there are any) and then select the End task option.
- Click Yes to the Warning message that will be displayed, “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results….”
- Open Start menu and click on Run. Copy and Paste this in the Run dialogue box and then press Enter – C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Look for EntitlementDataStore.ecml and delete it.
- After deleting this file, reopen QuickBooks Desktop. Open the company file and register the again by using the same information that you had used earlier.
Need More Help?
Call us on our QuickBooks technical support number +1800-210-5289 and get quick help from our experts. Our team will resolve your issue in the minimum possible time to ensure your QuickBooks accounting software functions smoothly. We guarantee to solve all the issues.