Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
With a lot of misleading information available on Internet, it might get tad bit difficult for QuickBooks users to deal with random errors that keep affecting your workflow. But you can trust our blog section to seek best kind of technical assistance. Here, we tell you about how to solve QuickBooks Error 3371. This error usually appears when there’s some issue with QuickBooks license. These are the several messages you are most likely to encounter.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
Why Does Error 3371 Appear?
Some of the most common reasons that the QuickBooks error 3371 shows up are as followed.
- QuickBooks Desktop needs a file or component to run that’s missing.
- The QBregistration.dat file is missing. It is the file that contains QuickBooks license information. If this file is corrupted, the QuickBooks is not able to retrieve the license details, and hence fails to run.
- The MSXML component is damaged. It is a Microsoft component which the QuickBooks Desktop needs to run.
- If the Windows of your PC is not updated, QuickBooks will not be able to run and might show the error 3371.
- There is also a possibility that the antivirus in your computer system is quarantining some QuickBooks files.
- Damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
Whatever the reason be, here are the best ways you can resolve Error 3371 manually at home.
Solution 1: Install Latest Windows Updates
The first solution is to have all the latest windows updates installed in your system.
- Click on Start, and then open Powershell Console
- Type exe /updatenow in the “cmd” console and press Enter.
- The command will run for an hour or more. You can check back to see updates were found and installed.
Solution 2 – Solve License and Registration Issues by Recreating Damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
In most cases, it is this file which is damaged and results is the Error 3371. It is an encrypted file that stores important information like that of your product license. If this file gets damaged, it means your product details are no more safe. But fret not, you can fix this problem by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Completely close the QuickBooks. To close the process it might have left behind, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc key combination.
- The Task Manager will show up.
- Expand the task manager by clicking on More Details. Now, search for QBW32. Entries on the list in the Processes tab. Right-click on each of A them (if there are any) and then select the End task option.
- Click Yes to the Warning message that will be displayed, “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results….”
- Open Start menu and click on Run. Copy and Paste this in the Run dialogue box and then press Enter – C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Look for EntitlementDataStore.ecml and delete it.
- After deleting this file, reopen QuickBooks Desktop. Open the company file and register the again by using the same information that you had used earlier.
Solution 3 – Seek Technical Support
If the QuickBooks Error 3371 still shows despite, you can seek hassle-free technical support from us. Simply call us on our QuickBooks support number +1800-210-5289 and our team will ensure that all issues are solved.