QuickBooks Error 12007 in Quickbooks might occur while updating QuickBooks or QuickBooks payroll services. It mostly occurs due to internet connection connections. QuickBooks is a software that regularly needs to be updated. Intuit keeps releasing new features for its users to simplify their work. If your internet connection is not working properly or is faulty, you might get QuickBooks Error 12007. There are several other reasons that lead to QuickBooks Error 12007 in QuickBooks like incorrect SSL settings, firewall settings or a network timeout that’s blocking the software from accessing the server.
Whatever be the reason be, you need not worry. Here we enlist possible solutions that will fix QuickBooks Error 12007 within minutes.
Solution 1 : Check Internet Explorer Configuration
- Open Internet Explorer. Look for the Gear icon located in the right corner on the right side of the screen and click on it.
- Now, click on Internet options.
- Click on the Connections tab and then on LAN settings.
- You will now need to mark the checkbox of Automatically Detect Settings. Also, ensure that the Proxy servers are blank, unless you are knowingly using one. However, it is not suggested to use a proxy server while updating QuickBooks.
- Click on Apply Changes, and now click on the Advanced tab.
- Navigate SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0, and ensure that they are marked. After marking them, you must now unmark the box of Check for publisher’s certificate option.
- In the Advanced tab itself, scroll down till the bottom and check to make sure TLS 1.2 is not checked but TLS 1.1 is checked.
- Restart your computer, and now check if the QuickBooks is now updating properly.
Solution 2 : Update QuickBooks Manually
In case, it is the server that’s lagging for the current update, you can resolve QuickBooks Error 12007 by updating the QuickBooks manually. Fortunately, Intuit has ensured utmost ease for its users to manually update QuickBooks. Here are the simple steps to do the same,
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the Update. Click on Latest Release.
- Select the product that you are using. If not, click on Change and then select your QuickBooks product.
- Click on the Update button and select the location where you want you file to be saved.
- Click the Save button to start the download.
- After the download completes, locate the downloaded file and double-click to install the update. You will be asked to restart after the installation is completed.
- Once your computer is restarted, open QuickBooks and press F2 key to ensure you are using the latest update.
Solution 3 : Reset Update Setting of the Program
Reset QuickBooks’ update settings to fix the QuickBooks Error 12007, and continue with the normal updating process.
- Open QuickBooks, and click on Update Now tab.
- Locate Reset Update checkbox and then click on the Get Updates button.
- Now check if the update is being installed now.
Solution 4 : Check QuickBooks Internet Connection
Check the Internet Connection settings within the QuickBooks, that might be blocking the updating process and eventually showing the QuickBooks Error 12007.
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to Help.
- Click on Help, and then on Internet Connection Setup.
- Select the ‘Use my computer’s Internet Connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet’.
- Now, click on Next and then on Done.
- Click on the Update QuickBooks option that’s located under the Help menu on the top.
- Open Options and click on ‘Mark All Options’. Click on the Save, and then on Update Now.
- Continue the process by clicking on Reset Update then click on Get Updates button.
- After the Update Complete message shows, close QuickBooks.
- When the Update Complete message appears, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop. If a message of install update appears, click on Yes.
Solution 5 : Check Firewall Settings
A lot of QuickBooks errors occur due to Firewall settings. At times, it is certain Firewall settings that interrupt proper network between the Internet and the QuickBooks.
- Open Control Panel and click on Windows Firewall.
- Click on Advanced settings and then on Inbound Rules in the left side of the screen.
- RIght click on Inbound Rules and then select New Rule. Select Port, under the Rule type section. Select the TCP from the first set of radio buttons and change the second radio button to ‘Specific local ports’. Add the following ports according to the version of your QuickBooks Desktop so as to get rid of QuickBooks Error 12007.
QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- Click on Next after entering the suitable port.
- Click on ‘Allow the connection’ radio button in subsequent window and click on Next.
- Now, you have to select the network type. If you usually switch network connections, then keep all the options checked and click on Next.
- Give the rule a name and click on Finish.
- Repeat the same steps for Outbound Rules. To do so, select Outbound Rules in the second step.
In case you have any concerns or doubts, call us on our QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1866-644-7717 to get quick assistance from our proficient team.