QuickBooks is the top-rated software in the Accounting and Financial Management category and it has one of the biggest user base which is spread across the world. But at the end of the day, it is a piece of code and occasionally faces errors and issues like the infamous QuickBooks Error Code -6144, 82.
Error -6144, 82 indicates that there is a problem in the network setup on your computer. This error can be fixed by renaming the .ND &.TLG files. Do not worry as these files are automatically created when you run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager for rescanning the Company Data file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error -6144, 82
- Active window crashes all of a sudden.
- Computer is not responding to the input given or it is taking too much time.
- QuickBooks freezing while performing tasks.
The error message on your screen will be:
“Error 6144, 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
How To Fix The Error Code -6144, 82?
- Open QuickBooks on your screen.
- Hit F2 button on your keyboard.
- Go to the location of the Company Data file in the file information tab.
- Open the folder that contains the Company Data file.
- Search for the files that have the identical name as your company data file but have the extensions like .ND and .TLG.
- Right-click on the file and choose rename.
- Add OLD to the end of the file names.
- Open QuickBooks again.
- Sign in back to the Company file.
QuickBooks Support Services For All Errors & Issues
For the QuickBooks Users who are still encountering the Error -6144, 82 even after following the steps given in this article, get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Department. The team comprises some of the best QuickBooks Experts who have passed all the required certifications to prove their knowledge and skills.
To get in touch with the QuickBooks Tech Support Department you have to call on the authentic QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-551-5491. You will be connected with QuickBooks within a few minutes.