QuickBooks is a great accounting software but sometimes it can run into errors as well. You might be facing some issues with your company data file which can be frustration for you. There are various error codes and issues in QuickBooks which are related to the company files. In this article, we will provide you the steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 816.
QuickBooks Error 6000 816 is one of the most common issues in the QuickBooks software that restricts you from accessing the company file. It comes up with a message that says that unable to open the company file.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000 816
- The company file is either corrupt or damaged
- The company file is being used by another program such as a backup software.
- The company file is running a restored company file on a computer running on Vista.
- Malware or virus attack has infected you company data files.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 816
There are multiple ways to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6000 816 in QuickBooks. We have mentioned four different methods to resolve this error depending on the cause of the error. You can resolve this error manually but if you are looking for an instant support then you can also contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number.
Method 1: Rename .ND and .TLG files
- Open windows explorer and go to the folder where the QuickBooks files are located.
- Right click on the files with .nd and .tlg extensions
- From the drop-down list, click on Rename
- Add .OLD at end of the name
- Try to open the company file again to see if the error still persist or not
Method 2: Opening a sample company file
- Open QuickBooks and from the No Company File window, select the sample company files.
- If the file opens then it means that the installation of the QuickBooks software is damaged and you need to repair the QuickBooks installation.
- If the sample file didn’t opened then the company file is damaged and you need to go to the third solution to repair it.
Method 3: Change the location of QuickBooks Company Files
- Go to the folder where the company files are stored
- Locate the QuickBooks company file and copy it.
- Paste it on the desktop
- Open QuickBooks and then open the copied company file.
Method 4: Restore the backup
If the error is still occurring even after changing the location of the company file then you need to restore a backup of the company file.
Support For QuickBooks Company File Issues
Follow the above mentioned steps sequence wise in order to resolve the company file issues in QuickBooks. However, if you still face the same issues then you need to get in touch with our technical support team of Intuit. If you can’t connect with the customer support team of Intuit then you can dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 toll-free.