Manage your small or mid-sized business from anywhere in the world. QuickBooks comes with a ton of valuable tools and features which are capable of boosting the growth of your business. But sometimes while installing the software on your desktop, you may face errors like the QuickBooks Error Code 1601 which will not let you install QB on your desktop.
This error is triggered because of a Java Install failure. You will get this error message on your screen while trying to install QB:
“Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible”.
Why Is This Error On Your Screen?
The root cause of this error is a damaged or missing Windows installer on the Computer system. However, there might be more reasons as well like weak or unstable internet connection.
Fixing The Error 1601 On Your Computer System?
The QuickBooks Experts of customerphonenumber.com recommend these steps for getting rid of 1601:
Check whether the Windows Installer has been disabled
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search MSC in the Start Menu.
- Navigate to Services from the window that opens up on your screen.
- Choose Windows Installer and select Properties in the drop-down list.
- Open the Startup type and check if it is enabled or disabled.
- Open the Manual if present.
- Now, the service Status window will open on your screen.
- Select Start in the Service status.
- Now, try to install QuickBooks on your computer again.
Re-register the Windows Installer:
- Go to the desktop screen.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window on your screen.
- Now, type exe/unreg in text space and hit enter.
- Choose all positive options on the prompts that appear on your screen.
- Now, press Windows+R again on your keyboard.
- Retype exe/unreg in the run window.
- Choose a positive option on the prompt.
- Try to install QuickBooks on your computer again. If you still run into any error or issue then move on to the next solution.
Check if any update is released for your Microsoft Windows Operating system and you are not using an outdated OS. Also, download updates for all the Microsoft components.
We hope you were able to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 1601 on your computer by following the detailed step-by-step guide that we have provided. The guide has been repeatedly tested and tried by the talented QuickBooks Experts of customerphonenumber.com.
You can get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Department from their toll-free 24×7 live QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-551-5491. You can also click on the live chat support icon on the bottom-right corner of your screen to have text communication with the QuickBooks Experts.